It's been a while since I have been able to blog. To say I have been busy is an understatement.
Since I will have a few weeks of down time before I start classes again, I'm going to pick right back where I left off. I had several people ask me, why aren't you blogging anymore, and where are the newsletters? But I sadly had to make sacrifices to get as much done as possible & writing and promoting my training business was one of the first and few things to go.
To give you an idea, here is what a typical schedule looked like for me.
5:00AM - rise & shine
5:30AM - 1st and only client of the morning
6:30AM - off to work
7-3:30AM - work, work, work
4-5:30PM - workout (run/strength training)
6-7:30PM - training clients
8-9:00PM - homework, shower, dinner
REPEAT
There were days when clients would cancel and I would just enjoy the down time & I would usually nap, but that was usually few and far between. So when friends got frustrated because I couldn't join them for drinks or dinner and they started "fit shaming" me, maybe now, they feel just a little bad for giving me so much grief.
I just finished my first semester of grad school and it was not easy. Workout full time while going to school is always a challenge, but working full time and training clients part time while going to school is probably the worst. But I prevailed and managed to pass my first semester of grad school with A's.
I have completed three 5K races since my last blog, one of which was an obstacle course run. And I just recently completed a 5 mile race, my furthest distance to date. I'm training over the winter for my first ever 7 mile race in April . Some people ask me where all this running is going to take me. I have already said, I am about 90% sure I am not going to run farther than a half marathon. But I have heard more than one friend say that before and then follow it up by running a marathon, so who knows.
I wish I could say I have some really great and exciting new stuff that has happened since my last blog, but besides putting in the work and helping others do the same, I have not been too exciting. I look forward to starting my blog again!
I'm still taking new clients, so if you are in the Rogers Park area and would like to discuss sessions, please feel free to follow up with me.
www.susanwilsoncpt.com or facebook.com/Susan Wilson CPT
No comments:
Post a Comment