Wednesday, March 25, 2015

3/25/15

So every time I start one of these I have to say, "it's been a while and I'm going to keep up with this from now on". As usual, time gets away from me and I can't keep everything clear enough to write about. BUT....since I've been doing a lot of online clients and that part of my schedule is really picking up, I decided that it really is something that people might depend on or get motivation from.

So here goes...my newly updated & more often blog entries:

Clients:
Online clients are taking off and the results are starting to show. There have been a few set backs, as with anything, life gets in the way and you start to forget about the things like nutrition and exercise, but it only takes a little pep talk to get people going again. Teaching people about nutrition has been the most fulfilling part of having clients online, since it's one of the things that tend to get over looked when you are working out in the gym with a trainer one on one. It's just a whole different way to do personal training and I'm really enjoying the the work I put in and the results that people are getting from it.

School:
I'm slowly but surely chugging away on my graduate capstone project. After much procrastination and whining, I have started the writing process. It's hard to imagine that you are going to work on something for a complete year and a half of your life. And it will dictate so much of your graduate school success. Yeah...no pressure.

Training:
As some of my clients and friends know, I have been lifting heavier and really kicking my workouts into gear since September. I was never unsatisfied with my appearance, but I wanted to be stronger and I wanted to build my endurance. Since February, I have lost 14 pounds and 10 inches. I didn't really have a goal weight when I started this but I decided that I'm going to try to lose another 10 pounds (which is still in my healthy weight range) and then try to pack on 5 pounds of muscle. See where that leads me. My upper body is getting more defined and my shoulders are just popping. I hope to continue the process and see where I am a year from now.
I'm still training for races. I decided at the first of the year, that I would train to run a half marathon in 2016. Having said that, it's been hard to find a great balance between heavy lifting and staying slim to maximize my running times. I run 6 miles 2 times a week at this point, with a 7 mile race in 3 weeks. I unfortunately hit a snag this week with a hamstring pull. Working on that, will give updates later but hoping for a speedy recovery.

That's about the cut and dry of it all. I want to start posting a lot more about my own fitness journey to help motivate others and let them know that it's not really easy for me every day and that I work hard for what I've accomplished.

Big move of the week for me? Deadlifts. I'm rocking 70 pound deadlifts, 2 sets of 10. I'm focusing really hard on form as to not train myself into any bad habits before I really move onto lifting heavier.

Jam of the week that got me to push a little harder?
Paul Simon - Call Me Al
-try not to have a good workout when that song is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment