I'm not a big advocate for the fitness apps & for all the in one minute out the next gimmicks, BUT I use myfitnesspal.com to track my caloric intake. I use it, but I do all of my calculations manually. I have found that the calculations for body composition calorie intake is wildly inaccurate. I calculate my BMR on my own and manually enter what calories I'm supposed to intake. I also manually change the percentage of carbs, proteins, and fats that I intake.
Once I got the percentages and calorie intake correct for my body composition, I started seeing a lot more results & I started being less hungry all the time. I was toning a lot faster than usual. So I was either completely starving myself or gorging myself when I was hungry. Bad combination!
I change my caloric intake based on my workout days as well. I consume about 100-200 more calories on the days I workout. Your body is a machine, if you don't fuel it, how do you expect it to work, right?
The calorie tracker is easier than writing everything down & it does have a mobile app, which makes tracking easier and keeps you from using excuses. But I would highly recommend making sure that you are consuming the appropriate amount of calories for your daily BMR.
All in all, it's a product I use when I need a little more guidance or if I'm losing track or sight of my goals. It's a useful tool, but haven't extra knowledge is very important when using this tool.
www.myfitnesspal.com
No comments:
Post a Comment