Thursday, July 10, 2014

What exercise I love right now

I know it's cliche, but I love squats and lunges. They are the most effective thing you can do for your lower body & it's what I find gives me the most results.
Currently, I do 50 squats with a 10lb. weight. Depending on how tired my legs are or what kind of cardio workout I did prior, I either do 50 squats straight, or break it up into 2 sets of 25. Either way, I feel the burn quickly and thoroughly.
I also add on 25 wide leg, or pyramid squats, to end the sets. The width of the legs doesn't cause more muscles to work more or less, the wider the stance just causes a little more work to be done. So the caloric burn is just a little more. So I add wide leg squats to the end to push my heart rate back up. I added pics of the different stances below.


When I'm working my legs, I also add lunges. For beginners, a simple lunge works great. Lunges will get the heart rate going and you will feel the "burn" of your muscles pretty quickly, depending on experience. I'm currently working on a more explosive lunge jump with weights. I try to do at least 25 of these bilaterally. If I can, I do 2 sets of 25.


And these are my favorite lower body moves right now, I incorporate them into most of my personal workouts and almost all of my training workouts.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment