Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tech Tuesday

Here it is…corny but true.

I actually bought this Zumba workout for the Xbox. I do use it. When I don't have time to get in a whole workout or I have a rest day & feel the need for some cardio, the Zumba "game" gives me about 20 minutes of straight cardio. And it has me sweating! It's a decent workout & it's a lot of fun. You progress through levels, so it's also challenging & game like, if you are into that thing.

In 20 minutes, I burn 200+ calories, depending on the intensity. Add this to some strength training & you will have a 500 calorie burner easy. It's great for those quickie workouts on the weekends too.

If you don't enjoy Zumba, dance aerobics, etc. this is not the workout for you. It will be a waste of money and time. I was lucky and picked my copy up from game stop used for $25. Not too bad considering the amount of workouts you get for it. This can be done alone and with groups of people with the kinnect.

I found this to be a low impact workout as well, so it might not be bad for people who are just starting out or are post rehab joint/bone/muscle issues.

Want a little more intensity, grab 1-2 pound hand weights and hold them during the workout. Increases the calorie burn and give your arms a little more burn.

If you decide to try it out, let me know:
Facebook.com/SusanWilsonCPT
susanwilsoncpt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment